Wiring Harness Info

Which Toggle Switch Do I Need For My Guitar?

FREE Express Shipping in Australia

There are three main “styles” of open toggle switches commonly used in guitars. You will usually see these different styles referred to as:

  • Long Straight
  • Short Straight, or
  • Right Angle

These have all been created in order to fit inside different guitars of different thicknesses.

Switchcraft produces open toggle switches in each of these styles. Here at Guitar Sauce, I only use Switchcraft toggle switches as they are top quality and built to last.

Check the table below to see which style toggle switch your guitar requires.

Make & ModelYearSwitch
All Gibsons1952- 1977Long
Les Paul Historic ModelsAll YearsLong
Les Paul StudioAll YearsShort
Les Paul TraditionalAll YearsLong
Les Paul DeluxeAll YearsLong
Les Paul ClassicAll YearsLong
Les Paul SpecialAll YearsShort
SG (all models)All YearsShort
335All YearsShort
Flying VAll YearsShort
ExplorerAll YearsShort
Epiphone & Import LPAll YearsShort

If your guitar is not listed above, check out the diagrams below. They display the measurements of each of the three switches so you can compare against the switch currently have in your guitar.

Short Straight Toggle Switch

Short straight toggle switch dimensions

Long Straight Toggle Switch

Long straight toggle switch dimensions

Right Angle Toggle Switch

Right angle toggle switch dimensions

Still not sure?

If you have questions and can’t decide which size pot is right for your guitar, then feel free to shoot me a message and I will be happy to help you out.

ready to inject some tone back into your guitar?

Item added to cart.
0 items - $0
Have a Question?

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.